To Top

Tips for Businesses: The Best Content to Share on Social Media

One of the major advantages of technology is being able to have another platform where businesses can advertise and reach a wider target consumer. Therefore, having your own website and social media pages is important for business, especially the small ones. After setting up your e-commerce website, it is also significant to post content. You will be able to introduce your business, advertise, search for potential customers, and keep loyal customers using this strategy. However, it is important to remember that the content you share on social media, whether it’s on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or another network, plays a huge role in how people recognize your business.

There is more to content sourcing than just posting links and random discussion. You have to conclude which kind of content is ‘good’ for your audience, business, and social networks. To create a more successful marketing strategy below is a list of tips for choosing the best content to share on social media.

  • Understand Your Audience

In social media and in real life, it is important to intrigue the curiosity of your audience with your topic of discussion. Before you search for interesting links or posting anything, first you should stop and think about who you’re trying to reach. You should ask questions like ‘What are they doing when they are online?’, ‘How can you catch their attention?’, and ‘Are they going to find your post interesting?’

After you are able to pinpoint and recognize your target audience, the next step is carefully generating and collecting content that is suited to their specific needs. This is known as customer-focused marketing that provides a great experience to customers and helps build brand loyalty, which will lead to repeat and referral business.

Note that the expectation of your audience will vary depending on the social platform. For example, you can post almost any type of content on Facebook including messages, photos, and videos. On the other hand, you only have 140 characters to attract your audience to click through on Twitter. As for Instagram, you should post great photos with the best captions and hashtags. Learning to adjust to each network will help you build a strong social media presence.

  • Don’t settle for bad links

When you share content on social media, you have to make sure that the link is trustworthy and accurate. Be determined and guarantee that your chosen links are from reliable sources. Plus, you should avoid pages that are mixed-up with advertisements. Your audience shouldn’t need to scroll and search for the actual content. Thus, share accordingly if you want your readers to have a great experience in visiting your website.

bad links

Google is a great search engine to find valuable contents but you will surely encounter some irrelevant material. It is up to you to endure and scrutinize which are bad links. Moreover, there are times that you won’t be able to find the content that you are looking for. In this case, you must try different search terms, search engines, and websites. If you still end up not finding anything, maybe you should rethink your topic. Don’t hesitate to change your plans.

Suggestion: To keep your content original and new, set-up Google Alerts for the topics your customers like the most. Bookmark and revisit blogs that you’ve shared in the past. You can also choose to sign up for newsletters.

  • Share important and suitable content

One way of holding the interest and encouraging your audience to participate is by sharing important and suitable content. Consider your post if it’s relevant to your audience, up-to-date with the current industry trends and if it’s appropriate for the time of the year that you’ll be sharing it.

When you think about timely subjects, you should take advantage of trending topics. Share your own ideas or experience about it. However, not all viral topics are suitable for you but you should consider some of it.

  • Focus on other content but don’t forget your company


Sharing third-party content online is important, but you also need to promote your company every once in a while. Remind your customers that your website can provide great service and content at the same time. There is a general rule of 80/20 split, where 80% of the content should be entertaining and helpful and the other 20% is made to benefit your business. Always provide a link with self-promotional content that leads to a specific place on your website including the sign-up page for your e-mail newsletter or a landing page for a demo or premium content download.

More in Business & Investments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply